How to choose and use a bicycle helmet?
by Vy Nhat on Jun 06, 2023
A helmet is one of the essential items to ensure your safety when participating in traffic. Wearing a helmet will reduce the risk of death by 42% and face and head injuries by 69% – a result that comes after many reports and studies by the World Health Organization (WHO). ).
In addition, a trendy bicycle helmet, ensuring aesthetic value will help you feel more confident on each journey and contribute significantly to expressing your personality and style. ADO E-bike would like to share some useful information for you to easily choose a quality, safe and suitable helmet for you!
1) How to choose the right helmet size:
- A helmet that fits your head is one of the most important factors. If you choose a hat that is too tight, it will make you feel uncomfortable and unfocused, and with a hat that is too wide, it will easily be deflected from the head to the back of the neck, the straps will get caught in the neck and cause danger if Unfortunately a collision occurred.
To choose the right size for your hat, follow these two steps:
- Step 1 : You can use a tape measure to measure your head circumference (tailor's tape measure) and wrap it around your head at a position 2cm away from your eyebrows, in case you don't have a tape measure, you can use other types plastic wire, thread, ... to measure the size then use a straightedge to measure the part that you measure.
- Step 2 : Take the measured results compared to the table below to determine the corresponding hat size.
- If the result is between 2 sizes, you should choose the adjacent large size.
For example, the measured head circumference is 59cm, priority is to choose a size L hat, choosing a larger hat size will help you move freely, keep alert and focus when cycling compared to hats that hug your head. And you can rest assured because FORNIX bike helmet models are always equipped with a support bar to increase or decrease the size of the head circumference in the range of 4 to 6 cm to suit each wearer's head size.
How to check the right helmet for you? You can tilt or shake your head slightly, if the strap is loose, the hat will move, it is a wide hat. And vice versa, if that hat makes you feel uncomfortable, causing a headache, it is definitely smaller than your head. And you need to change to another helmet that is more suitable.
2) How to use a bicycle helmet:
How to clean the helmet:
- Cleaning the outer shell: You can use a wet cloth to wipe the outside of the hat to remove dirt. Absolutely do not use detergents, chemicals to clean because it will affect the paint of the hat.
- Lining: With the ADO E-bike helmet, you can easily disassemble the inner lining and then use soap to wash it.
- Strap: You can use a small brush and soap to clean the strap.
How to care for your helmet:
- After use, you should store the helmet in a cool place, do not store it in places with high temperature or low humidity.
- Do not use chemicals to clean helmets.
- Do not attach other items to the helmet: Dash cam, decorative accessories, ...
- Keep the helmet to avoid unwanted bumps.
NOTE : You should not attempt to repair a helmet after a collision.
The ADO E-Bike is a solid companion in urban living. We create products that provide a great driving experience on complex traffic conditions such as bumpy, rocky and uphill. All ADO products are designed to be environmentally friendly and comply with environmental guidelines.